Making a murphy bed is a skill that many of us take for granted, but there are actually four distinct types of bed making. Each type has its own unique set of steps and benefits, so it’s important to understand all four types of bed making.In this blog post, we will cover the four types of bed making and discuss their individual benefits. Whether you’re making your own bed or helping a loved one make theirs, this post will help you understand each of the four types of bed making.
Table of Contents
The four types of bed making
- Hospital Corners – This is the most traditional method of bed making and is typically used in hospitals and hotels. It involves folding the top sheet and blankets into tight corners to give a neat look to the murphy bed.
- Plain Style – This style of bed making is usually done in homes where a more relaxed and casual look is desired. It involves simply placing the sheets and blankets on the bed without any intricate tucking or folding.
- Loose Tuck – This style combines both hospital corners and plain style bed making. It requires some tucking and folding of the top sheet but is less formal than hospital corners.
- Platform Bed – This style is ideal for platform beds or beds with thicker mattresses. It involves pulling up the bottom sheet to create a sort of platform underneath, then tucking and folding the top sheet over the sides and tucking it in securely.
Which Type Is Best For You?
When it comes to making a bed, there are four types of bed making that can help you get a perfect and comfortable result. Each of the four types of murphy bed making come with their own set of benefits, so it is important to decide which type is best for you.
The first type is the traditional hospital corner method. This type of bed making is often used in hospitals and other healthcare settings. It requires folding and tucking sheets in a way that creates a crisp look and keeps the bedding in place. It also allows for an even distribution of weight, which makes it great for those who suffer from back pain or soreness.
How To Make A Perfect Bed
Making a perfect bed requires time and attention to detail, regardless of which of the four types of murphy bed making you choose. For each type, make sure to start with a neat foundation, such as a fitted sheet, flat sheet, and/or comforter. Then, take the time to fold each corner of your sheets and blankets neatly and snugly, ensuring a taut fit on your mattress.
Make sure that your mattress is also clean and free from lumps or bumps for maximum comfort. Finally, add decorative touches such as a quilt or throw pillows. The result should be a beautifully made bed that is inviting and comfortable.
The Benefits Of Each Type
- Hospital Corners: This type of bed making is very popular in the hospitality industry and is often used in hotels or hospitals. It is a neat and organized style that helps to keep your bedding clean and in place. The advantage of this method is that it is easy to make and maintain, allowing for quick bed changes.
- Platform Style: This type of bed making is becoming increasingly popular due to its contemporary look and feel. It requires no extra bedding beyond a flat sheet and comforter, making it an economical choice. Its simplicity allows it to blend into any room while still providing a comfortable sleep experience.
- European Style: This type of bed making is commonly seen in boutique hotels and luxury homes. It is a beautiful style of layering sheets and duvets with intricate details that give it an elegant look. It also provides excellent insulation, helping to keep your murphy bed warm in winter and cool in summer.